Vet Bed is Guinea Pigs Australia's first choice for bedding for our guinea pigs and our holiday boarding.
Vet Bed is dispatched separately on a different tracking number.
This design is carpet/green backed 1200gsm
This bedding is perfect for use in Guinea Pigs Australia C & C indoor enclosures or any pet cage or carry cage.
This product must be purchased in lots of 2 for C & C sizes due to fabric restrictions and wastage. Only order 2 or 4 or 6 ect.
2 x 4 size can be purchased in singles.
Why we love it:
- Super thick and super strong. The whole cage becomes a bed
- Used by Vets and professional worldwide
- Excellent for older pets that need extra padding
- Available in 1200gsm (28mm thick) providing excellent heat retention and air circulation properties as well as excellent support for joints
- Hygienic, non-irritant and non-allergenic
- Highly scratch and chew resistant
- Machine washable at up to 40 degrees and cool tumble dried
- Keep your pets dry when "accidents" happen as liquid will fall through the thick fleece layer
- Cut down into any size with a Stanley knife for custom fit to any cage
- Perfect for pets with dust allergies
- Does not support bacterial growth
- Resistant to permanent staining
- Buy larger pieces to cut down to size to custom fit your cage.
- Heavy enough that most guinea pigs cannot burrow under
How to Use: (Guide in Photos)
Step 1 - Prepare enclosure
Step 2 - Layout absorbent layer ( we prefer towels which are reusable )
Step 3 - Roll out Vet Bed on top of absorbent layer - READY !
How To Clean:
Step 1 - Spot Clean as needed
Step 2 - Clean absorbent layer when full
Step 3 - Wash Vet Bed every week or when soiled
Step 4 - Wipe down corflute / base of cage
Based on 2 -3 guineas
Easy washing tip for vet bed without washing machine.
1. Hangover clothes line and brush with broom to remove particles
2. Hose down or Pressure Wash
3. Allow time to completely dry
4. ( optional ) Vacuum to remove finer particles
Also Suitable For:
Any pets that need to stay dry
Animals that need post surgery bedding
We can also cut to size for your special cage, crate, or enclosure
Ok, but2 July 2018Fast delivery. This product isn't bad, but I will be honest about what it is, because I would have liked to know. Not complaining, just being transparent. The edges aren't hemmed at all, it's just pieces of carpet-like fabric roughly cut and sent with raw edges. Carpet hard to wash in washing machine - I had to cut mine down into small strips to fit into machine, yet realised after it's better to hang on the line and wash with my hands, detergent and hose outside, which is still a hassle. They take a long time to dry completely. Any rain add a day or two for drying. Finally, for anyone who may not know, this product has no absorbent quality, but does help to wick away moisture from surface. Overall, I prefer fleece blankets. I really was shocked at how dear this is for how inefficient and disappointing it was. Nothing against GuineaPigsAustralia, I just don't see the point of using this over fleece. Would probably be nice for senior pigs though.