2 x 5 Cage Kit for Guinea Pigs, Rabbits and Small Animals
Internal Living area - 70cmW x 175cmL ( 2 grids x 5 grids )
Finished Assembled Outer Size - 77cmW x 189cmL x 40cmH
What you get:
- 14 Grids & 28 connectors (walls)
- Water Proof Corflute Insert/Base
- Cable Ties ( Black only available )
Why We Love It:
- Long lasting, does not deteriorate like wooden hutches.
- Gives your pets more room than a hutch to MOVE, POPCORN & BINKY
- Comes flat packed and ready to assemble, no tools required
- Great for limited space or odd spaces. Corflute can be cut to shape.
- Recommended for 1 - 2 pigs (pigs should be housed in pairs)
- Allows easy access to your pets
- Great expansion options like lofts to increase space. Lofts just click ontop of a cage
- You can build up or bigger at anytime without buying a whole new kit. Just click in more grids.
- You can purchase replacement parts and new colours
- Awesome bedding options like Vet Bed
- You can add a lid for protection from small dogs or cats
Where do I put the enclosure?
- In your home with the family, ideally in the living room or in place where you or your family can interact with your pets.
- For this reason you wont need grids on the floor of your cage. You can also purchase a stand which attaches to your cage kit. Your stand comes with everything your need including a cage floor for your cage kit - order a 2 x 5 stand here
- You can also have the enclosure on the floor or a table (you do not need grids for the base of the cage kit when using the floor or a table )
So How do I build it ?
- Start with the corflute base > Unfold > Tape Sides in place to create your rectangular base. If you dont have tape, dont worry, the cage walls will hold the sides in
- Unpack grids and connector > Click each grid into a connector top and bottom > Repeat around the corflute for the walls
- Cable tie each section top and bottom and trim excess > Finished !
- Pro Tip 1 - leave cable tying last as some adjustment may be required before fixing in place. To reconfigure your enclosure simply cut the cable ties and rearrange. You dont need to cut if you are just moving the cage.
- Pro Tip 2 - The corflute is designed to sit on the floor and can also sit ontop of the bottom level of connectors. If you find that your grids dont reach all the way around, simply lift the corflute on top of the bottom level of connectors or adjust the space inbetween each grid.
So What Now ?
- Add you bedding like Vet Bed or Substrates directly onto the corflute
- Add your pellet bowls, hay racks, waterbottles, hidey houses, toys and treats
- Add your hay and pellets - hay and pellets are something rabbits and guinea pigs need every day
- Now your pets are ready to enjoy their awesome snuggly new home
This enclosure is suitable for:
- Guinea Pigs
- Ferrets, Rats and Mice - small rodents may require baby proofing or our smaller sized grids. The openings on these enclosures are approx 4cm. If your Rat, Mouse or Ferret can squeeze through that you will need to baby proof. If your pet climbs you will require and additional lid. Please use your own experience with your pet to judge if this enclosure is suitable or what required additions you may need.
Grid Imperfections - grids at times will have imperfections on the outer coating due to the nature of producing the grids. Guinea Pigs Australia only supplies new grids.
Do you just have 1 guinea pig - Guinea Pigs get lonely, if you have 1 guinea pig then consider getting them a friend from a rescue. When you get them a friend from a rescue you make space for another animal in need.
Baby Guinea pigs and small rodents - Guinea pigs under 6 months of age or small sized mice and rats do require all cages to be baby proofed - extra grids around the sides or our specially made baby proof grids. See our article HERE for more information
Chewing and Destructive Pets - Your pets may be bored considered providing them with more stimulation like toys and more time outside of their enclosure. Pets go stir crazy just like we do sometimes and can show this through destructive behaviour. If your pets are chewing the corflute you can purchase Corflute Protectors which slip over the exposed edges where they most likely chew
Expandable Options below for more space, security and snugglyness....
Vet Bed - Bedding that we use and recommend. Easy to clean and durable.
Ramps - Awesome ramps to connect your upper level lofts to your cage kit
Stands - Adds storage, make cleaning easy, saves your knees and back, and raise your piggies to higher stature in life.
Lids - Protects your pets and add security to your enclosure.
|Brand||Guinea Pigs Australia|
LOVE THE NEW BIG CAGE25 April 2019Brought this cage for my three girls was quick to deliver and easy to set up. They have so much space to do zoomies and play. It's definelty a good base to build onto later in the future.
Great cage29 June 2018The 'boys' love their new big cage. They were a bit overwhelmed with so much space at first but it is giving them plenty of space to roam. Easy to assemble.
Prompt Delivery, Great Quality Items!!!25 March 2018Ordered my first cage set with Guinea Pigs Australia and I love it. Came well packaged, lots of zip ties, overall great quality product. The vet-bed arrived the day after the cage parts, but once again great quality and prompt delivery. My only qualm, is that the corflute could be cut slightly smaller in width to accomodate for the joiner pieces of the cage as standing this on top of a cage stand, I find the corflute is just a bit wide and pushes out the sides of the cage (ends are fine) - so its not in line with the cage stand. Not a big deal overall, just perhaps a suggestion. :D
Others Also Bought
Make 4 interest-free payments of $13.72 fortnightly and receive your order now.